Energising Industries through Nanotechnology Commercialisation
Who We Are
Get To Know Us BetterIn the National Innovation Council meeting on the 29th of October 2009, Nanotechnology was identified as one of the new growth engines for the New Economic Model (NEM). On the 14th of February 2011, the National Innovation Council convened and agreed that a nanotechnology commercialisation agency was needed and corresponding activities must be aligned with Agensi Inovasi Malaysia’s (AIM) initiatives. NanoMalaysia Berhad was incorporated in 2011 as a company limited by guarantee (CLBG) under the Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) to act as a business entity entrusted with nanotechnology commercialisation activities. Some of its roles include:
- Commercialisation of Nanotechnology Research and Development
- Industrialisation of Nanotechnology
- Facilitation of Investments in Nanotechnology
- Human Capital Development in Nanotechnology
NanoMalaysia Venture Builder
How NanoMalaysia helps commercialise your tech & inventions.
- To be a global leader in nanotechnology commercialisation.
Business entity that energises industries and national economies by:
- Facilitating adaptation of nanotechnology in industries.
- Providing a profitable and sustainable business development.
- Championing technical leadership and creating true values.
Nanotechnology Industry System
Nanotechnology was identified as one of the new growth engines for the New Economic Model (NEM).
In Malaysia, there are research institutions with various capabilities in nanotechnology research.
- IbnuSina Institute for Fundamental Science Studies (IIS), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- Institute of Microengineering and Nanotechnology (IMEN), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Centre of Innovative Nanostructures and Nanodevices (COINN), Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS
- Institute of Nano Electronics Engineering (INEE), Universiti Malaysia Perlis
- NEMS/MEMS Research Laboratory, MIMOS
- Institute of Advanced Materials (ITMA), Universiti Putra Malaysia
- NanoOpto-Electronics Research Lab (NOR LAB), Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Nanotechnology and Catalysis Research Centre (NANOCAT), Universiti Malaya